Symbouli Networks, is open for online registration for their OPEN LAB's. What is the OPEN Lab's? The OPEN Labs is a free full network rack of equipment for those interested in learning, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Systems network equipment without the Cost or hassle of you purchasing, cabling or powering your own equipment. All equipment is real physical equipment, no virtual routers or switches are used in our labs.
The OPEN Labs is not a pre-configured network topology, the configuration will be upto the users to complete. A Rack topology and cabling overview will be provided to the user, so that they will understand device connectivity.
Registration for all labs can be completed via the Lab Schedular on the sites main page. After your registration and lab schedule you will be emailed with the appropriate login credentials, links and time information. You will not be sent a reminder for your lab time, therefore it is up to each user to remember their lab times and dates. There is a 4 hour max per lab session, please be on time. Each lab session will end 15 minutes prior to your scheduled end time, so please be cognizant of this. Lab configurations are not saved by the administration therefore keep a copy for yourself in notepad or make your copy's manually via your terminal emulator.
How do I Schedule a Lab Session using the Lab Schedule?
- Lab Sessions, Lab Times, Rack Times are referred to as Experiments, just to keep you confused a little
- Please, NO PASSWORDS ON ANY OF THE DEVICES, as this is an open lab system for everyone. If we have to remove passwords from devices, you will be banned; no exceptions. All sessions are logged and reviewed if needed.
- Please erase configurations prior to exiting your lab or before your lab session ends, you will receive two warnings for not erasing your configurations before you are banned from the Free Lab sessions, and potentially everyone else in your region!
- On the Main page in the upper left side click on the Lab Scheduler link. A new page will appear, click on the Schedule a new lab session button. A lab session scheduler page will appear, please read the paragraph referencing your timezone feature under your profile. The lab scheduler will use these settings to determine when your lab will start. If your team is off by 1hour your lab will start 1 hour early.
- Click inside of the Date box, where a applet will appear giving you the ability to choose the desired date that you wish join your lab.
- Move down to the Experiment box and click the pull-down tab which displays all the current lab sessions available. Click the experiment (lab) you wish to tackle.
NOTE: For the Free Lab Sessions there will be only one experiment which utilizes all the network equipment in the rack.
- After you have picked your experiment a vRack calendar will appear for each vRack available.
NOTE: For the Free Lab Sessions on the vRack2 Calendar will appear. Finally choose the start time and lab duration you wish to have.
- Click the small open bubble to the left of the vRack name and Calendar.
NOTE: All labs will end 15 minutes before the end time you pick. ie... 3 hours between 1pm CST and 4pm CST your lab time will end at 3:45pm CST.
Please ensure you copy your configs from the devices before your time ends, if you wish to keep them.
No passwords on any of the devices, Erase your configurations, labs will end 15 minutes prior to your end time so be ready!